Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
This month's recipe comes from the kitchen of Alisa Stewart, the firm's office manager. Alisa's first encounter with Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding happened during a memorable business trip that she and her husband, Ron, made to the Louisiana State University (LSU) Veterinary Teaching Hospital in 2013. While they were in Baton Rouge, they ate at a restaurant that served this delectable treat. She loved it so much that she came home and Googled the recipe. Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding was a hit at the Stewart house, and is now a permanent fixture on the family's annual Christmas brunch menu. This dish also makes a quick and easy dessert.
If you Google this recipe today, you'll find several different takes on this southern classic. The version Alisa makes is from It's All About The Yummy. Enjoy!
• 6 Krispy Kreme Donuts
• 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
• ½ cup milk
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon butter
• Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut each donut into 6 pieces.
3. Place donuts in to a 8"X8" buttered baking dish.
4. In a large bowl combine milks, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
5. Pour milk mixture over the Krispy Kreme donuts making sure the donuts are submerged.
6. Let the donuts sit in the milk mixture for 1 hour (or refrigerate overnight).
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the middle no longer jiggles.
8. Once cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.
During the trip where they encountered the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding, Alisa and Ron Stewart posed for a photo in front of Mike the Tiger’s habitat located on the LSU campus in Baton Rouge. Mike the Tiger is the LSU mascot.